The HARP program can help YOU!
The Home Affordable Refinance Program, also known as HARP, is a federal program of the United States, set up by the Federal Housing Finance Agency in March 2009 to help underwater and near-underwater homeowners refinance their mortgages.
- A solution for borrowers with LTVs above 80 percent who currently may not be able to refinance because of existing PMI requirements
- You may be eligible to refinance up to 150% of the value of the home
You may be eligible for H.A.R.P. relief if:
- The mortgage MUST be owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
- The mortgage MUST have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage CANNOT have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio MUST be greater than 80%
- The borrower MUST be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with no late payment in the past six months and no more than one late payment in the past 12 months.
- You have a reasonable ability to pay the new mortgage payments.
- The refinance improves the long term affordability or stability of your loan.
Click here for details to see if you can take advantage of the program.
Obama - Making Home Affordable.pdf